All paper documents are optically scanned and text extracted for optimal search capability. These documents, along with any electronic documents, are loaded into a structured folder system based on topics. A unique program builds all this information into the powerful Summation litigation support database.
The benefits of digitizing all paper documents and combining them with electronic documents are numerous. All information relating to a case is contained in one location, is fully searchable and any relevant facts can be found and retrieved. Adequate and safe back-ups can be made and copies of the entire database, or any component, can be made available for opposing council, judges and colleagues.
Meridian can assist you with detailed coding, light coding, or simply an image/data load file for in house coding. Our document management services include:
- Document scanning (paper to electronic images)
- Optical character recognition (OCR) to extract text for searching
- Paper to PDF conversion
- Electronic documents and E-mails with attachments included in database
- Document retrieval – making it easy to find all the relevant documents quickly
- Extracting, batching and paginating relevant documents